June 14, 2011

Learning is a lifelong process

For US English keyboard users, the international keyboard (which is not a physical keyboard, but rather a simple Control Panel setting) is the easiest and most convenient method for typing French accents because it maintains the QWERTY layout, with just a few changes and additions:

To type accent grave (à, è, etc), type ` (to the left of 1) then the vowel.

Accent aigu (é), type ' (single quote) then e.

Cédille (ç), type ' then c.

Circonflexe (ê), type ^ (shift + 6) then e.

Tréma (ö), type " (shift + ') then o.

To type French quotation marks « » use ctrl + alt + [ and ], respectively.

2 comments:

aisha said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..
2003 Chevrolet Van AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

VW Touareg Turbocharger

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.